|Raspberry and coconut mini microwave cake!|
This is a really simple cake to make. I made it this afternoon when S came home from work and said he had had a tough day. Cake is always good to cheer people up!
|What you need.|
What you will need:
1 oz caster sugar
1 oz self raising flour
1 oz butter or flora (alternatively use olive oil)
1 teaspoon of baking powder
desiccated coconut (to taste)
raspberry jam* (to taste)
|Ready to go in the microwave.|
Notice that I have sprinkled a little more coconut on the top...
- Mix the butter and caster sugar together
- Beat the egg and add it to the sugar and butter
- Add in the flour, baking powder and the desiccated coconut
- Mix well
- Prepare 2 microwave safe ramekins
- Pour a little of the mix into the bottom of each ramekin.
- Place about 1 and a half teaspoons of jam into the centre
- Pour the rest of the mix over the jam in both ramekins
- Now place one of the ramekins in the microwave on full power**
- Heat for approximately 1 min 30 seconds (depending upon your microwaves power)
- Repeat cooking process for the second ramekin
- I decorated the cake with raspberry sauce to make it look pretty (see below)
*jelly- for all the Americans reading this.
**or in the case of my current microwave which is very powerful I put it on setting 9 (out of 10); adjust according to your microwaves power.