Friday 18 May 2012

CCK Hot Chocolate




Yummy!



While checking out pictures on pinterest I noticed this really attractive picture of a big mug of hot chocolate (click link to see photo). It just looked so yummy! When I clicked on the link to the Chocolate Covered Katie webpage it had been given the title "The Perfect Hot Chocolate" - so I thought that I would give it a go.

I really liked the idea of making it with coconut milk from a tin... I am not sure why, but it just appealed to me. I made it on the hob rather than the microwave and as I was making it for both myself and S I doubled the recipe.

So following the recipe chose to use:
What you need (non-vegan version)











  • 1 1/3 cup of semi-skimmed milk
  • 2/3 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
  • 4 T cocoa powder
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 tablespoons sugar







  • Click here to see the recipe on Chocolate Covered Katie.

    I combined all the ingredients on the hob and made sure that it was completely mixed and heated through.

    Add the ingredients to the pan.
    Mix well.

    When poured into the mugs I let my creative side take over... yey for marshmallows!

    Here is the result:
    The finished hot chocolate!



    Not only did it make two huge mugs (believe me the spotty mugs are massive!) but it also made a small hot chocolate as well! Rather more than I was expecting (probably my fault as I am more used to working in mls rather than cups). As hot chocolate goes - it was nice, although I probably wouldn't go to the effort of making it again as it was a wee bit too rich and creamy for my tastes. S seemed to like it - but I didn't manage to finish my mug.  However, it was fun to make and made the kitchen smell really chocolaty... I can't wait to try some more of the recipes from Chocolate Covered Katie!






    1 comment:

    1. I was just read your article that was really superb got much pleasure to read that post. please keep sharing post like that.thanks for share with us for this post.good bye.

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...